Sunday, December 21, 2008

Potbelly Pigs with dogs or children

Pot bellied pigs can easily get along great with your dog. I have 8 small breed dogs living in my house with my potbellies. There is just one rule you must remember-NEVER leave your dogs and potbelly pig alone together. Even if they get along fine, you should never leave them. If something would happen while you are away and your potbelly squeals for some reason, the dogs first instinct is to attack!!
I have read horror stories about people coming home to find their potbelly pig dead or badly injured by the dog. So you must separate them when you leave. Other than that dogs and potbellies can get along great!

Okay, now with the children.....my advice would be not to get a pot belly if you have small children. Potbellies are very territorial and they like to dominate. They could feel threatened by a small child and maybe bite them to show them who is boss. My son is 13 and we have no problems at all. So you may want to wait until your child is little older to buy a potbelly pig.

No comments:

Post a Comment